Effective May 25, 2018
AlpineWeb Design (referred to in this doucment as AlpineWeb) is an information technology service provider. Headquartered in Bartlett, New Hampshire, we provide web hosting solutions including shared hosting, virtual private servers and dedicated servers to our customers (“Services”). AlpineWeb has servers located in Lansing, Michigan.
SCOPE OF POLICY
- Customers – individuals who register, on their own or on behalf of an entity, to use AlpineWeb Services with the creation or administration of an AlpineWeb account.
- Event/Marketing Participants – individuals who provide their information to AlpineWeb when they register for AlpineWeb products and services, subscribe to marketing materials, or participate in other AlpineWeb events.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
AlpineWeb asks for your account information which includes your name, business name, email address, physical address, phone number, credit card and bank account information (stored directly with a third party processor), and website domain. By voluntarily providing AlpineWeb with your account information, you represent that you own and consent to our use of such personal data.
Email / Contact Forms / Helpdesk
When you send us an email, information request and/or submit service or support tickets through our Contact Forms or Helpdesk, the information we collect will include the contents of the email, contact forms or Helpdesk tickets and the IP addresses of servers through which the communication has been routed. Emails, Contact Form submissions and Helpdesk Tickets are kept indefinitely.
AlpineWeb may ask for your name, email address, physical address, and phone number. Participation in events, surveys, contents, or subscribing to marketing material is voluntary and you may choose whether or not to participate and therefore disclose this personal data.
At your option, AlpineWeb asks and may collect your name, email address, physical address, and phone number. In addition, we also collect information such as web server logs, internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, or other information as part of aggregated data.
COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
Information on deleting or controlling cookies is available in our Knowledgebase. Please note that by deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our site.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
AlpineWeb uses the information it collects about you in the following ways:
- To respond to any requests from you regarding sales and support.
- To contact you regarding any agreements or accepted terms that you may have with AlpineWeb for the Services.
- To provide you with marketing emails, special offers, advertising campaigns, or newsletters.
- To provide you with information logs associated with the use of AlpineWeb’s Services.
- To contact you regarding functionality changes to our Services or Website.
- To develop new features and functionality to our Services and Website.
- To collect payment and bill for our Services.
- To help personalize searches.
- To diagnose problems.
- To find and prevent fraud.
- To register your domain and IP address through ARIN (American Registry for Internet Numbers).
- To carry out other purposes as disclosed to you through the Website, or found in terms or an agreement between you and AlpineWeb.
- Process for other purposes for which we obtain your consent.
HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
AlpineWeb may share information it collects about you in the following ways:
- Business Transactions – We may provide information to a third party in the event of any disposition of all or any portion of our business (e.g. reorganization, sale, assignment, bankruptcy).
- As Required by Law or Similar Investigations – To comply with legal obligations (e.g. subpoena) or investigate potential legal violations. AlpineWeb may be required to share personal data in response to lawful requests from public authorities including to meet state and/or national security and/or law enforcement requirements.
- Safety – We may disclose your information to protect and defend the safety of AlpineWeb in connection with investigating and preventing fraud or security issues.
- Consent – AlpineWeb may share your information with your consent.
You may unsubscribe from receiving promotional or marketing emails from AlpineWeb at any time by using the “unsubscribe” link in the email received, by logging in to your customer account in the AlpineWeb Customer Backroom and navigating to your Account Details or by emailing us at email@example.com. As outlined in the Section, Cookies and other Tracking Technologies, you can also control your cookie settings.
With respect to your account information, you may update, correct or delete information that you provided to us by logging into your AlpineWeb account or contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING PERSONAL INFORMATION
AlpineWeb’s legal basis for collecting and using your personal information will depend on the personal information collected and the specific context in which we collect it. AlpineWeb will process personal information from you where, a) we have your consent to do so, b) where processing is necessary for AlpineWeb to perform Services pursuant to an agreement, or c) where processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information, or may otherwise need the personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person. At any time, you have the right to withdraw or decline consent. If you do not provide the requested information, AlpineWeb will not be able to perform Services for you. Also, you have the right to object where we rely on our legitimate interests to process your personal information.
DATA SUBJECT RIGHTS
Individuals located in the EEA may have additional statutory rights available to them with respect to their personal information, including the right to access your personal information, have it erased, have it corrected, or object to or restrict processing. If you would like to make such a request, please email email@example.com and we will respond within thirty (30) days. AlpineWeb will need to verify that the individual is inquiring about his/her own information before we can assist with the request.
We will comply with such requests to the extent legally required by applicable law or the EU-US or Swiss-US Privacy Shield. For EU individuals, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
Our Website and/or Services is not directed at children and our services are designed for individuals, organizations and businesses. We do not knowingly collect information from or about children under 13 years of age, and use of our services by children under 13 years of age is forbidden.
AlpineWeb Design, Privacy Matters
c/o AlpineWeb Design
Attn: Director of Security
PO Box 506
Bartlett, NH 03812