I am having a problem sending email. I can receive email, I just can't send.
Are you using an email client to check your email such as Outlook, Outlook Express, Windows Mail, etc? If so here are a few things to try to troubleshoot your issue.
- Remove all email from your Outbox - you can drag and drop them to to your Drafts folder. The close and re-open your email client. Try composing a new message and see if the error persists.
- Review your email account settings. Your outgoing server should be:
- Has your Outgoing Server Port been blocked by your ISP? Try changing your Outgoing server from 25 to 587.
- In your outgoing server setttings be sure that My Outgoing Server Requires Authentication is checked and that it defaults to: Use Same Settings as My Incoming Server.
- On iPhones, iPads etc., it sometimes says: Outgoing Server Login Optional. This setting is NOT optional. You will need to add your Login and Password - Authentication type Password.
- For troubleshooting purposes, confirm that you are able to compose and send email from Webmail at:
If you are able to send mail, it is an indication the problem is with your local email client software and not the mail server.