How to enable Two-Factor Authentication
There are two steps to enabling Two-Factor Authentication.
- Install an Authentication App on your device, usually a Smart Phone or Tablet:
Two-Factor Authentication Apps
Our Two-Factor Authentication uses a system called Time Based Tokens. There are many compatible apps you can find in your device's store. We suggest the following:
- iPhone/iPad: Google Authenticator
- Android: Google Authenticator
- Windows Phone: Microsoft Authenticator
After installing and activating an 2FA App on your device, proceed to Step 2.
- Enable Two-Factor Authentication on your AlpineWeb Customer Account by logging in here:
- Log in to the AlpineWeb Customer Backroom here:
- Have your smartphone or tablet at the ready.
- Once logged in, click on the Hello, Username! drop down on the right side of the menu bar.
- From the drop down choose Security Settings.
- Click the green Enable Two-Factor Authentication button.
- Follow the on-screen prompts in the pop-up window to create your Backup Code and activate your account.
Logging in with Two-Factor Authentication
After Enabling Two-Factor Authentication for your account you will log in to the AlpineWeb Customer Backroom as usual with your username and password. After logging in successfully with your username/password, you will encounter an additional field into which you will type the six digit code found in your 2FA App you installed on your device.
Disabling Two-Factor Authentication
- From the Hello, Username! dropdown on the right hand menu bar choose Security Settings.
- Click the red Disable Two-Factor Authentication button.
- Two-Factor Authentication is now disabled and can be re-enabled at any time.