We've heard from several customers recently about two common email scams that have been making their way into mailboxes. In response to this we have published two Knowledgebase articles describing these two particular types of scams to help customers recognize these emails for what they are: SCAMS. One involves domain names and the other is an extortion attempt. Here are links to the respective Knowledgebase articles:
We've written previously about "Phishing," describing one technique used by cyber criminals to trick unsuspecting users to click on a link that leads to a fake website.
- Email Security: Best Practices
- Hacking, Phishing and Malware
- Wikipedia.org - Domain name scams
- Domain Notification for : This is your Final Notice of Domain Listing
- I got a phishing email that tried to blackmail me – what should I do?
- Don't Fall for This Email Sextortion Scam
If you are an AlpineWeb Customer and receive an email like this, feel free to contact us with any questions you may have regarding this message. Submit a Support Request here:
Or visit the Contact Us page for additional contact options:
Terça-feira, Março 5, 2019