What is Dropbox?
Dropbox is an application built for creative collaboration. It allows you to share files with other Dropbox users.
How to install Dropbox
- Go to https://www.dropbox.com
- Fill in your information, check I agree to Dropbox Terms, and click on the Sign Up button.
Install the Dropbox application
- After Signing up, click on the Free Download button. When the download is complete, run the Dropbox installer.
- Click the DropboxInstaller.exe file. Whe prompted for "Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your PC" click "Yes."
- When the Dropbox Installer has finished click on the "Open my Dropbox" button. Next, click on the "Get Started" button. Click through the "Next" button and then the "Finish" button.
- Verify your new Dropbox account.
- Open the email message in the email account you used to sign up for Dropbox. Click on the "Verify your email" button.
- Sign into Dropbox using the email address and password you used when you created your Dropbox account.
- After signing in you should see a message: "Your email address is now verified."
Open your Dropbox folder on your Computer
- Click the Dropbox icon on your Desktop
- Create a new Folder by right clicking inside the Dropbox window, next click New > Folder.
- Rename the newly created folder by right clicking on the folder and choosing "Rename."
- Next Share the folder by right clicking the folder you created in the previous step and choosing "Share."
- Type in: [email protected] and click "Invite."
- Your're done! Remember that any files you want to share with AlpineWeb needs to be inside the folder you created in the previous steps.
Upload Files to Dropbox
- Click the Dropbox icon.
- Open the folder on your computer containing your files.
- Arrange the folders on your computer so you can see both at the same time.
- Drag the files you want to add and share to Dropbox to the Dropbox folder.
Checking photo size:
- Open the folder containing the photos you want to review
- Select the photo you want to examine. It will show the file size at the bottom of the window.
- To determine the pixel size, right click on the photo and click "Properties."
- Pixel size will be listed next to "Size."
- To determine the pixel height and width, choose the Details Tab. The dimensions as well as the Height and Width will be displayed.