What is the cPanel App?
The cPanel App is an app for Android and iOS devices that allows you to manage your cPanel & WHM accounts. This app is available to provide quick and secure access to the cPanel & WHM services for your server, without storing passwords in your browser, or manually entering them every time. Though powerful, these apps aren’t meant to completely replace your normal desktop interactions.
How do I get the cPanel App?
The cPanel App is available from the Google Play Store and iOS App Store at their respective links below:
Visit those links on your device in order to install them, or just search for cPanel in your app store.
I have the cPanel App installed, now what?
This article will focus on the cPanel App for Android. While functionally the same as the iOS version, the interface may look a bit different between devices.
When you first enter the application, you’ll see a blank interface with a in the bottom right corner (top-left, if you are using the iOS app). Tap to add your account.
There are some details you will need to enter before you log into your account so each of these are described below:
- Name: Assign a name to the account. Choose a name that will differentiate this account from other accounts you may add later. This name is only used to distinguish this account from others you will add in the app, and is not used anywhere besides in this app.
- Address: Enter your domain or the hostname of the server you are trying to connect to. This information is generally sent in the welcome email you received when your account was provisioned. If you do not have this information, Submit a Help Ticket and we can resend the Welcome message. If you are setting up a cPanel account, you can use your domain here.
- Service: Select the service you are accessing: cPanel, WHM, or Webmail.
- Username: Enter the username for your account. This information was provided in the Welcome email you received when your account was provisioned. If you have a cPanel account and are unsure of the username, Submit a Help Ticket for this information. If you are trying to access WHM, you will enter “root” or your reseller username here.
- Password: Enter the password for your account. As mentioned above, you will have received this information in the Welcome message you received when your account was provisioned. If you are accessing WHM, this will be the password for your reseller account or the password you use to access the server as “root”.
- EasyLogin: This will give you the option of accessing the app using a password, pin-code, pattern, or fingerprint. This method can be helpful if you have a longer password.
Once you have finished filling out the fields, tap “Connect,” and you’re ready to access your account.
From the main screen: tap the account you would like to access, input your password or use EasyLogin, and then you’re ready to go. You can use the cPanel and Webmail to access the respective services for your account.
If you have any questions about the cPanel App please contact us:
jeudi, août 16, 2018